Sharing is Caring!
On February 23rd, 2011. The day before my grandmother passed away I wrote these ideas down on paper.
Fame or integrity: which is more important?
Money or happiness: which is more valuable?
Success or failure: which is more destructive?
If you look to others for fulfillment,
You will never be fulfilled.
If your happiness depends on money,
You will never be truly happy with yourself.
Be content with what you have;
Rejoice in the way things are.
When you realize there is nothing lacking,
The whole world belongs to you.
- Quit comparing your life to someone else's, and quit dwelling on what could or should have been.
- Don't judge, and you will not be judged. Don't condemn and you will not be condemned, forgive and you will be forgiven.
- You must forgive the people who hurt you so you can get out of prison. You'll never be free until you do.
- Get that bitterness out of your life. That's the only way you're going to be truly free.
- When you do something wrong, don't beat yourself up about it. Admit it, seek forgiveness, and move on.
- Be quick to let go of your mistakes and failures, hurts, pains, and sins.
- After Job prayed for his friends, the Lord made him prosperous again and gave him twice as much as he had before...The Lord blessed the second part of Job's life more than the first.
- For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son. That whosoever believe in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16.)
- Live to give
- Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you. (Luke 6:27-28.)
- Evil is never overcome by more evil.
- Keep an open heart.
- "Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much."
- Even if you feel that you can always make more money, you will run out of something else: time.
- "God wants us to be people of integrity, people of honor, people who are trustworthy. A person of integrity is open and honest and true to his word."
Books to Read before 2012
- The Facebook Effect
- Avengers of the New World
Haiti: Land of Poverty
- The Mayor of Casterbridge
- The Age of Oil
Democracy in America
- Language, Culture, and Society
- The Teachings of Don Juan
- A Separate Reality
- Tales of Power
- Reflections on Philosophy, Race, Sex, Culture and Religion
- JLA: Deluxe Edition
Globalization: A Very Short Introduction
- The Old Man and The Sea
- Atlas Shrugged
The Birth of Tragedy and The Genealogy of Morals
- A Nation of Immigrants
- Three Lives
- Animal Farm
Talk Less, Say More Never Eat Alone It's Not Just Who You Know
- Walk the Walk
- Start Your Own Business: The Only Startup Book You'll Ever Need
- How to Open & Operate a Financially Successful Website
Thank You for Firing Me! Strategic Planning for Non-Profit Organizations
- Secrets of Social Media Marketing
- Save Big
- The Power of Nice
- Get it Together
- Four Pillars of Investing
10,001 Ways to Live Large on a Small Budget
- Thinking of a Number: Ideas, concepts and problems which challenge the mind and baffle experts
- Basic Writings of Existentialism
- Prime Numbers
- What Makes You Tick: The Brain in Plain English
- Challenging Mathematical Teasers
- The Visual Display of Quantitative Information
- Manage Your Money and Investments with Microsoft Excel
- The Last Man: Deluxe Edition
- Go Tell It On the Mountain
- Calculus: 4th Edition
- Probability, Random Variables, & Random Processes
The Autobiography of Nelson Mandela
- W.E.B. Du Bois: A Reader
- Sense and Sensibility
- The Selfish Gene
- 48 Laws of Power
- Three Cups of Tea
- A Thousand Splendid Suns
- Less Than Zero; Rules of Attraction
- A Long Way Down
- Harry Potter Series (last two)
- Art of War
- Return of Depression Economics
- Das Kapital
- The God Delusion
- Vagina Monologues
- The Pilgrim's Progress
- The Koran
- The Holy Bible *and many more recommended by friends on Facebook and in real life.*
Please Re Tweet!