Spread the Word

America the Beautiful

Sharing is Caring!


I like to waste time and think. Most people think that this is completely useless. But, if we don't think about where we're going, we're bound to end up in the wrong place.

There were times that I wound up in the wrong circles. I lost my focus and as a result have to spend another year at Carnegie-Mellon.
But, the time that I spent was worthwhile. I was looking for an answer and found none.

The only thing that I realized is that no one's rational. We all think we're right, but we're profoundly wrong. This whole blog is an exercise in futility.


I'll never make money writing entries, people probably don't care about what I'm writing, but at the same time, I couldn't imagine not writing. Ever since I was a kid, I loved to write about what was happening in the world.

I notice things much differently than other people.

I think I'm crazy, but then realize that everyone else perceives the world differently as well...their different is much different than my different.



Other people's different is built upon the idea that we have to make money with our limited time on this Earth.


We all think that if we could just spend more time working, we'd become billionaires and millionaires.

We all secretly want to be the next mogul, like Oprah or Mark Zuckerberg, but aren't we mostly fooling ourselves into believing that we're just one connection on LinkedIn, Facebook, or some other site away from our capitalist destiny?


Aren't we all just deluding ourselves with this constant emphasis on success and winning and never failing and beating everyone to the imaginary finish line?

Are we really fooling ourselves into thinking that if we just have a good outlook and ignore the problems that plague our fellow man that life will be perfect?

Are we all really that shallow?

Have we forgotten what it is like to live outside of our worldview?


If one travels to Haiti or another developing nation. One would notice people living in these conditions find ways to be happy.


They have smiles plastered across their faces...perhaps more than the average investment banker or software engineer in Silicon Valley.



These people are happier because money isn't everything to them.


Instead of equating money with time these people equate time with relationship-building.




We have relationships in corporate America. These superficial relationships start with one pursuit---money.

These are the people that become our family.

The cubicle next door, or the office space, and the "campus" has become a home away from home.


Companies like Google are making the office the new home. But, that's another story.


These are the sites where we ought to be "productive."



We ought to get on the dean's list, get promoted, and gain recognition in these spaces.


We ought to perform our best in these spaces.




O beautiful for spacious skies,

For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties
Above the fruited plain!

America! America!
God shed his grace on thee
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!





Please Re Tweet!

Bookings

Search This Blog

Blog Archive