Spread the Word

Becoming a Better Singer

Sharing is Caring!

I have always enjoyed singing, but I've also been shy for most of my life.


It's something that I definitely need to get over. Shyness is not of God.
With a strong foundation in music thanks to my mother, whose voice can be heard over all others in the First Haitian Baptist Church choir and enough intentional and deliberate practice, I will sound like a dignified gospel singer, particularly someone of Dewayne Woods's caliber.


























The song, "Let Go" has special meaning because it was selected for my grandmother's funeral service last February.

I was especially close to my grandmother because she raised me most of my life. While my parents worked two jobs, my grandparents raised my siblings and I exceptionally well.



Without her I would not be as thoughtful a gentleman as I am today. I needed to hear this song and it played during her slideshow. My grandmother was the matriarch of the family, our big mama.

We all lose a special someone or go through things that no one else can understand.


We have to let go and just let God.







There are many other singers that I would like to emulate. For instance, Tyrese, Mario, and Maxwell to name a few.

All of these guys started singing in the black church. As did I, when I was a little boy, my mother forced me to go up front and sing a solo. According to my mother, I've been singing since I was a little boy. I would sing at the most inopportune times and she knew then that I had a gift.

I want to spend more time working on my range and breath control. I am a first tenor in the Mount Ararat Baptist Church Majestic Praise Choir.





Please Re Tweet!

Bookings

Search This Blog

Blog Archive