Spread the Word

Legal Zoom

Now, the best news is that I beat my landlord in court.

The judge ruled in my favor. The landlord has no right to do anything illegal in order to obtain rent.

This meant that the whole month of July, I was able to live in the apartment rent-free.


The bad news is that I still haven't found another place to move.


However, since winning in court, the landlord has been much more amicable and actually declared a truce.

Every day, I ask people for job leads and there are a number of them. In a couple weeks, I'm going to court to get a prior legal issue resolved. It will be a whole eleven months since getting into a heap of trouble over something that is relatively minuscule.

The one positive about this whole situation is that I'm much more cautious about everything that I do. Taking less risks and laying low for awhile seems like a wonderful idea.

Jobs come and go, but character lasts for a lifetime. Although we all make mistakes, for whatever reason people magnify some of those that I make while ignoring their own.


Zoom out and appreciate the human behind the writing. Whenever, I can, I give back to worthy causes and God knows that I have a good heart for people. Nevertheless, sometimes I run before walking and don't take the time to really read instructions or look the other way when crossing the road. Life doesn't come with an instruction manual.

Zoom into your own life and notice how judgmental and condescending you may sometimes be when dealing with other people. The more you realize how sanctimonious you may seem, the easier it is to change and identify with those who have struggled in life.

When I finally do get my act together, which isn't a single moment, but rather an ongoing process, I'm sure I'll zoom out and appreciate these struggles and the number of lessons I learned along the path to wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookings

Search This Blog

Blog Archive