Spread the Word

A Hopeless Romantic

Sharing is Caring!

Call me old-fashioned...I believe that a man should woo a woman and make her feel loved and appreciated, not necessarily with clothing and gifts, but these certainly help.

I grew up with nothing. I was on my school's free and reduced-priced lunch program. Now, I'm going to an elite university.

I'm bettering myself in this land of opportunity.

Perhaps I'll never become a CEO or United States Senator.

I'll never know if I don't try.

In life, you never know what you're going to get.

You can only strive for excellence and hope for the best.


I wrote all that to say that I want my wife to go into any department store in Miami, Beverly Hills, or New York and get whatever her heart desires.

It'd be nice to be able to give her anything she ever wanted. I'm not wealthy yet, but when it happens, I'm not going to hoard my money.

Life is something to be spent, not saved.



Instead, I'm going to spend that money on other people, particularly the lady of my dreams.

Finally, as a black male, I know how awful it is to be discriminated against especially in retail stores.

While sales representatives are trained to cater to people who look "wealthy," particularly people who engage in conspicuous forms of consumption and therefore without fail view me with unwarranted suspicion.

Most times, I dress down in public, but if my goal is to receive excellent service in a clothing store, I almost always dress up.

"They made us hate ourselves and love their wealth."


One day, I want the price tag to be completely irrelevant, I want my lady to have the finer things in life and engage in consumption with alacrity.

Until then, I will just keep dreaming.

A man should woo a woman and make her feel loved and appreciated, not necessarily with clothing and gifts, but these certainly help.



Please Re-Tweet!

Bookings

Search This Blog

Blog Archive